New born until 2 years
Children 2 - 6 years
Children 6 - 12 years
Adults and children
over 12 years
0.75 ml three times daily
1 ml three times daily
1.25 ml three times daily
1.5 ml three times daily
2.5 ml twice daily
5 ml twice daily
5 ml three times daily
Ivex syrup : Each 5 ml (teaspoonful) contains Ivy leaves dry extract 35 mg.
Ivex drops : Each 1 ml contains Ivy leaves dry extract 20 mg.
Ivex (Ivy leaves dry extract) is a herbal drug from Hedera helix ,used for treatment of inflammation of the
respiratory tract, it helps to liquefy the thick mucus ,thereby making it easier to remove the mucus consequently
the cough is reduced and the airway opened.
Symptomatic treatment of chronic bronchial inflammatory diseases and acute inflammation of the respiratory
tract accompanied by cough through its secretolytic , broncho-spasmolytic and cough relieving effects.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION :
* It is recommended that to continue taking Ivex for an additional 2 - 3 days after symptoms have
* Shake the bottle well before use.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE :
If you have hypersensitivity to the active ingredient .
- Ivex should be used in children under the age of one year after consulting the doctor.
- In case that the symptoms persist or appear symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, fever as well as purulent
or bloody expectorations, it is recommended to consult immediately the doctor.
- The concomitant use of Ivex with antitussives such as codeine or dextromethorphane is not recommended
without medical advice.
- Caution is recommended to patients with gastritis or gastric ulcer.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
In general it is not recommended to take any drug during pregnancy or lactation without consulting the doctor.
Effects on the ability to drive vehicles or use machines
Ivex administration does not affect on driving or using machines.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
No studies have been carried out on administration of Ivex with other drugs.
SIDE EFFECTS :
Uncommon effects : nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Very rare effects : shortness of breath, itching, swelling or skin redness.
If symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea appear, consult the doctor .
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS :
Store below 30°C, protect from light.
Ivex syrup : Bottle of 100 ml .
Ivex drops : Bottle of 20 ml.